View Profile VorticityMusic

All 231 Audio Reviews

68 w/ Responses

This is amazing! Did DJ-Nate specifically tell you that its not allowed in Geometry Dash?

AlphaStorm73 responds:

Well, since GD 2.2 isn’t out yet, and Nate asked that we don’t use TOE 3 in GD until 2.2 is released, it seemed fitting for me to not allow this to be used in GD out of respect for Nate. He didn’t tell me specifically. Thanks all the same :)

This song is pretty nice. I like the style and synths used!
Here are the (small) thing I dislike
- That annoying 8bit style bass
- The crunchy cymbal snaps which seem kind of random imo (e.g the one at 3:23 and 3:34)
- Its repetetiveness

Not my favourite, but you got me interested in what else you have to offer :)

BossWilderOfficial responds:

Thanks. Got 30 or so more tracks posted so I'm sure you'll find something :D

Oh dayummmmmmmmmm

Probably your best song, or at least up there with the best of them. And one of the best songs on Newgrounds, for that matter ;) I love your style!

Its pretty hardcore, and i'm generally not a fan of stuff like that, but actually this song is pretty good! - 1/2 Star just because it seems a lil too loud at some parts.

PS - The grinding wubs at 1:46 are SOOOOO gooood!

BeauXuan responds:

I didn't spend too much time mastering this one and it shows. Brickwalling. :P
Thank you so much for your review. :D

Omg, finally a legit remix of one of MDK's songs that uses completely original samples. I actually think you put this together very well. I love the style of it tbh. The only thing I would say is the 8 bit part is a bit bland, and the build up could be improved. I actually really like the drop as well. Lastly, I dislike the synth growl thing that starts at 2:20. I realise this sounds fairly negative, but I can't really say it's bad at all.

Overall, not perfect, but really great considering MDK's songs are quite difficult to remix, due to how complex they are.

This is so good! It reminds me of some of your other older tracks... I friggin love this style. Oshit that build up.... omfg love that drop. This is literally one of your dopest drops. I especially love that drum pattern at the end of the build up... do you mind sending me a screenshot of how its done with those scratchy drums and then the snare at the end? thx, this is honestly amazing. Keep up the freaking amazing work m'dude.

DJVI responds:

Thanks for the support! That's really nice to hear :) I actually just mixed up bunch of different samples and eventually they ended up sounding pretty good so I decided to go with them. I send you a screenshot via private message!

Oh dayummm. I love this, it's different to what I usually hear from you, but in a really freakin good way. I really like the variation and the bass. Seriously, I don't really have any complaints!

dj-Nate responds:

Damn, thank you!

Holy shit. I knew when I saw Etzer AND Zyzyx this would be an amazing song. I freakin love this!!!

My ears hurt while listening to this. Firstly, use different instruments for that lead at the start and parts of the rest of the song. Also, I'd up the tempo. I like the drums and the purring base at the dubstep part, but its quite dull, add a lead or something. Some parts don't actually sound THAT bad, like 1:27, as the other sounds kind of mask that really horrible lead. The slowing down bit at the end is also kind of hurting my ears.

Overall, a good effort, but be more careful with what instruments you use and add a lead or two in the first dubstep part. I think this would sound great if you spent more time on this and be more careful. half a star for me, as its not all terrible, and at least all the notes were right, but the sheer ear hurting factor of some of the instruments is far more overpowering. Good luck in the future!

Rookie music producer who doesn’t know what the fuck he’s doing.
Aspires to make: dubstep, dnb, glitch hop, complextro and electro house, among other things
Actually makes: dnb/drumstep (just about).
Releases here are wip/not final.

Vorticity @VorticityMusic